DEVLOG UPDATE 2
BETA 3: MORE CHANGES
Hey, update time is here :D There's even an Android build up this time!
I'm calling this the 'Input Randomness Update' because it sorts out a lot of the balance problems from weird randomness (a lot of which was related to the cheeky lizards).
There are changes to pretty much everything in the game so here's the update changes and couple of notes on how they change the game.
- To win you SCORE all the points before the TURNS run out.
- The player will now MOVE predictably to the TILE her ARROW is pointing to. She cannot move if placed on an edge.
- You can now place ANY card on a LIZARD! If it does not match the lizards colour or hat colour, you LOSE 5 TURNS
- Ever wanted your own LIZARD? Well now YOU are in control and landing a tile (that isn't the player tile) on an EGG will hatch a LIZARD there right away!
- SKILLS unlock during the match. You still start with SWITCH but CHANGE and SLEEP are unlocked at regular intervals in the match (going to rework skills soon and make them more interesting)
- Placing your tiles next to a LIZARD no longer ends the match, instead you LOSE TURNS so watch out!
- Removed TRIPLES and collecting CARDS from the game. This is temporary until I have finished the new CARD system
- ULTRA LIZARDS come and hang out 1/2 way through the game, these guys are cute but they only give your score multiplier x1 each. More happening with this next time
- Tiles that the player can choose this turn have a grey shadow effect
- Player now animates when moving between tiles, and wiggles when you are carrying her tile
- Instead of choosing upgrades you get a random modifier at the start of the match (this is barely noticeable right now, changes soon)
I'm a very happy snake because I feel like things are starting to make sense and shape out... also I'm happy because the lizards make me laugh.
-VERY HAPPY SNAKE GAMES
p.s shout out to the Dinofarm community for their massive input in talking to me and sorting out the games problems!
Get THAT LIZARD STOLE MY LUNCH
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.